2019 - MVSD Board - At-Large Seat
The At-Large seat on the MVSD Board has been vacated before the term expired. This became official at the February meeting of the the MVSD Board, after the official filing period for open Board seats had closed. The MVSD Board is comprised of two elected representatives from each of the five MVSD communities (Boscawen, Loudon, Penacook, Salisbury, and Webster). All members are elected, At-Large (meaning all communities vote on the appointments). The At-Large member can be from any of our five communities.
The process to appoint someone to complete the last year of this term will be as follows:
- Anyone (from any of the 5 MVSD communities) interested in this open seat, should send a letter of interest to the SAU Office (105 Community Drive, Penacook, NH 03303), to the attention of Seelye Longnecker, MVSD Board Chair. In the letter, please indicate your reasons and qualifications for wanting to serve on this Board.
- The SAU will also post this position in the Concord Monitor, on the MVSD website, at our schools, and at our local town offices.
- The deadline for letters is Friday, March 22nd. Letters of interest received by that date will be shared with the Board in preparation for the School Board Meeting on Monday, April 8th (at Boscawen Elementary School). Candidates will be invited to the April Board Meeting to have a public discussion with the Board regarding their interest.
- At the April Meeting, the Board will have a public vote to appoint an individual to the open seat.
- If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to reach out to Seelye Longnecker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the SAU office @ 753.6561.